Whether you are a Canadian Citizen living abroad or a permanent resident or Canadian Citizen residing in Canada and want to marry someone who is not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, bringing your spouse to Canada is not very straightforward. You will have to meet the spousal sponsorship/Spouse Visa requirements to sponsor them to Canada.
What is a Spousal sponsorship/ Spouse Visa in Canada?
The Spouse Visa Canada Spousal Sponsorship program is one of the most sought-after immigration pathways to Canada, and thousands of people are actively seeking information about how to sponsor their husband or sponsor their wife in Canada while completing their application each year. One really good aspect of this program is that there is no cap on the number of applications which can be submitted under this category unlike other categories, applications are processed on an ongoing basis under this category. A spousal sponsorship fall under family class which allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouse to Canada. One thing to note here is that only Canadian Citizens can sponsor their spouse while living overseas and they need to provide enough evidence they will relocate with their spouse to Canada once their application is approved.
Spousal sponsorship falls into two categories : Inland Spousal Sponsorship or Outland Spousal Sponsorship. It is critical that you understand the distinction between these two streams and take the best course of action required for your immigration success.
Knowing Every Options Available Before Sponsoring Husband/ wife to Canada:
Inland Spousal Sponsorship:
Couples who wish to submit a sponsorship application while already residing in Canada must do so through the ‘Inland’ application process. For example, if a person has been in Canada on a temporary visa and has met someone and married them, but now needs Canada permanent residency in order to live with their new spouse in Canada, they would submit an inland spousal sponsorship application to the Canadian government. Depending on the circumstances of the couple’s Inland application, the sponsored spouse may be eligible to obtain an open work permit, which will allow them to continue working while they await the outcome of their application.
Read More:- Family Sponsorship
Outland Spousal Sponsorship:
Outland spousal sponsorship is intended for Permanent residents and Canadian Citizens residing outside Canada who wish to sponsor their Spouse or common-in-law partners residing outside Canada. those who are being sponsored and are not residing in Canada..One of the advantages of Outland sponsorship is appeal rights to Immigration Appeal Division in case of negative decision which is not available in case of inland spousal sponsorship. There are no appeal rights for Inland sponsorship; if the case is rejected, you need to apply for judicial review.
Am I Eligible To Sponsor My Spouse To Canada?
In order to avoid putting yourself through all of the efforts, expenses, and time required to submit a spousal sponsorship application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), it is critical that you first determine whether you are eligible to sponsor your husband or wife to Canada. Check out the following lists to see if you qualify to sponsor your spouse to Canada to immigrate:
- One of the spouses must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident who lives in Canada.
- Not subject to a court order for removal,
- Over the age of eighteen (18),
- Possessing the legal ability to marry,
- If you were previously married and have a finalized divorce,
- As a sponsor of a divorced spouse or a permanent resident who has been a Canadian for more than five years, you must need to have been a Canadian citizen or being a permanent resident for at least five years before you sponsor someone else;
- There are no prior agreements that are still in effect.
- Unless you have a disability, you should not be receiving social assistance.
- Not in financial distress
- There has been no default on certain debts,
- Not imprisoned or detained in jail or prison
- There are no criminal convictions for certain types of crimes against relatives or any sexual offense in Canada or anywhere else in the world; and
- Demonstration that you are financially capable of sponsoring your spouse to Canada and other dependents.
Read More:- Express Entry System
Considering sponsoring your spouse for a Canada Spouse Visa (Permanent Residency) in order to bring him or her to Canada? If this is the case, get in touch with Enclave Immigration right away. All of our cases are handled by highly qualified and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with CICC (The College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants). It is always a pleasure to discuss your individual circumstances, determine eligibility and admissibility, and answer any questions you may have about how to sponsor your spouse to Canada with Enclave Immigration Service.