Welcome to Enclave Immigration Services

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

Spousal Sponsorship

Who is a Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Program for?

The Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Program is for:

  • Spouses
  • Common-law partners
  • Conjugal partners
  • Same-sex couples

Spousal Sponsorship Requirements

Who is a Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Program for?

The Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Program is for:

  • You’re at least 18 years old
  • You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada,
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • You can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

Obligations and Restrictions


You can not sponsor if you were sponsored by a spouse or partner and you became a permanent resident less than 5 years ago


You are bound by the 3 year undertaking to take care of this person and be financially responsible. You can't sponsor untill 3 year period is over.


You do not meet other eligibility criteria i.e. declared bankrupt, received social assistance, convicted of sexual offence inside or outside Canada etc.

Free online assessment

Find out if you are eligible to sponsor your Spouse.


  • One of the policy objectives of the Immigration Refugee and Protection Act is family reunification. Canadian Citizen and permanent resident can invite their spouse, common-in-law partner, and conjugal relationship to become permanent residents under spousal sponsorship in Canada. Your Spouse i.e. Sponsor should be a minimum of 18 years of age and meet the sponsorship requirements.
  • you should consider government fee, biometrics fee, Medical examination expenses, PCC fee, and immigration lawyer fee while budgeting for cost of sponsorship to sponsor your wife to Canada.
  • Family class sponsorship is only available to foreign workers or international students to sponsor a spouse in Canada. However, they can invite their spouses on Open work permit depending on their eligibility.
  • If you are a permanent resident or Canadian Citizen, you may sponsor your spouse or sponsor your husband to Canada under the family class category. But if you are on temporary status in Canada i.e. work permit or study permit you need to meet temporary foreign worker requirements. Consult an immigration consultant to check your eligibility.